The percentage of people suffering from chronic knee pain is quite high both in Russia and abroad . But we already often face daily minor injuries and overloads. Here are some tips to help you feel better with simple physical exercises.
Bright Side is always ready to help when it comes to health and well-being. That’s why we suggest you try out these 6 exercises that will benefit your knees, feet and hips.
To get started, take a chair and stand behind it. After that do the following:
- Raise one leg.
- Slowly tear off the heel of the second leg from the floor until you completely rise to the toe.
- Slowly lower the heel to the floor again.
- Repeat 10-15 times on each leg.
This exercise will strengthen the ankles and work out the muscles around the knee.
This exercise can easily be combined with doing home or work chores. Fast moving on toes strengthens the calves and serves as a good load for the toes and pads of the feet.
Perform 5–15 minutes or until tired.
To work out weak ankles, do the following:
- Standing or sitting, raise one leg.
- Slowly rotate the foot of this leg in a circle.
- Repeat 10 times clockwise and counterclockwise for each leg.
For the next exercise, you will need an expander tape.
- Fix the tape using the legs of the sofa or any other stable furniture.
- Pass one leg under the other, slightly bending at the knee.
- Pass the upper leg into the tape.
- Slowly pull the tape with your foot towards you.
- Repeat 10-15 times for each leg.
So you strengthen the muscles of the calves, as well as the internal and external muscles of the thighs.
For a daily strengthening of the toes, the game “Grab it” is perfect.
- You can just hold your fingers.
- You can put a towel on the floor and grab it with your fingers.
- You can also put small pebbles on the floor and, picking them up with your fingers, try to throw them with your foot in the basket.
To relax and work out the pads of the foot:
- Take a tennis ball or any other similar size.
- Sit on a chair.
- Put your foot on the ball and crush it.
- Slowly and with pressure roll the ball in the foot to the toes and back.
- Enjoy the massage!
Acupuncture and foot massage are widely used around the world.
If your feet ache after a long day, place your thumbs on the foot as shown in the picture (between the thumb and forefinger and between the ring finger and little finger at a distance of 1 cm) and gently massage this area for 15 minutes. This is an easy and quick way to give your feet a break.
We hope that these exercises will help you. If you have your own life hacks to get rid of leg pain, tell us about them in the comments.