A sedentary lifestyle and improper body position during the day lead to various diseases of the spine. According to statistics, almost half of the world’s population experience some kind of back problem.
We began to spend more time at a computer table and walk and engage in physical labor less and less. The problem is that our bodies are not designed for permanent sitting. Research results show that this way of spending time significantly reduces life expectancy. Therefore, it is very important to move more and do exercises that will strengthen the muscles of the back.
The proposed exercises are excellent therapy, support and stretch the muscles of the back. This exercise plan can be done at home or at work. Only 7 minutes a day to take care of back health and get rid of discomfort and pain in the spine!
Back stretching exercises
- Lie on your back, lift your right leg up, holding it with your hands exactly. Hold this position for 20 seconds, then do the same with the other leg.
2. Lie on your back and bend your left knee. Lower it slowly to the right side and with your right hand try to press as low as possible to the floor. The left arm and shoulder should not be torn off the floor. Hold this position for thirty seconds.
Relax and repeat with the other leg. Repeat 2-3 times on each side. It is necessary to carry out movements smoothly, without sharp jerks. If the movements cause pain – it is worth reducing the angle of rotation.
3. From a supine position, bend your legs, raise one knee and pull it as close to your chest as possible. Hold for half a minute, then do it with the other leg. Repeat 5 times with each foot.
4. Lie on your back, bend your knees, raise one leg, put the heel on the knee of the other leg. Grasp your ankle and slowly pull it as close to your chest as possible. Hold it for half a minute. Then repeat the movement with the other leg. Do 3 times with each foot.
5. Put your hands on the knee of one leg, and stretch the other leg back, as in the picture. Keep your back straight and hold it in that position for half a minute. Repeat movement with the other leg.
6. Lie on your side, grab your upper leg by the ankle and pull back. Pull for half a minute, then repeat on the other side. This exercise also stretches the thigh muscles well.
7. In a standing position, find support at the height of the waist. Then lean forward. Hold this position for half a minute. Take a short break and repeat. This exercise stretches the spine perfectly.
Now you know how to get rid of back pain . These exercises are quite simple but effective. You can perform them as soon as you feel discomfort. And it’s better to add at least some of them to your daily workout .
Perform all movements slowly, without sudden movements, trying to stretch your muscles well. The main thing is to do regularly! A strong and healthy back will greatly improve the quality of your life.